Are you finding it a challenge to keep up, professionally? Looking for recertification points for your CPT? Need a brown bag educational opportunity for your team? Got a stack of books and articles you keep meaning to get to? Let ISPI provide that vital professional boost though our webinar programs.
A SkillCast is a 60-minute webinar designed to enhance the skills and knowledge of the performance improvement professional. Each month, ISPI will feature the latest thinking from the experts you rely on for your continued professional development. In just an hour, you will come away with new ideas, perspectives, and tools that you can put to work immediately.
The upcoming February webinar, Applying Organizational Socialization Research to a Job-Training Program, presented by Don Kirkey, EdD, can be attended and viewed live, or you can watch the recorded session after the live presentation.
What valuable skill and knowledge building materials will you find in this presentation?
The rich literature on organizational socialization and employee turnover is often neglected in human performance technology. This is a report on the application of some key concepts from the literature to improve the organizational entry processes of a job-training program for at-risk youth. Lessons learned in improving retention and lowering turnover are readily applicable by those working in business or the social sector with similar populations.
After attending this session, participants should be able to:
- Identify key concepts from organizational socialization and employee turnover research that are applicable to most organizations.
- Apply the new concepts to an organizational challenge or opportunity for improvement.
About the Facilitator
For over 25 years, Don Kirkey managed technical field service, employee and customer learning and development, and performance consulting functions, and is currently the director of Leadership Development at a major retailer. Don recently completed an EdD in Organizational Leadership (Human Resource Development Specialization) at Nova Southeastern University. This webinar is based on his doctoral dissertation. Don is a regular presenter at ISPI.
- ISPI Members: $49 each; $499 for season ($89 savings, plus bonus December webinar)
- Non-Members: $79 each; $799 for season ($149 savings, plus bonus December webinar)
- Corporate Seat (purchase a single connection to view the SkillCast with your group): $179 each; $1,499 for season ($649 savings, plus bonus December webinar)
February 19, 2014; 1:00-2:00 p.m. EST | Register Online
There are more great archived SkillCasts waiting for ISPI members, and they are available now on Collaborate. Here is how you can start taking advantage of this benefit:
- Log on to Collaborate (it is the same log-on as your log-on to ISPI.org).
- Select “Communities” in the top selection, third over.
- Scroll down to “PI for Members Only.”
- Select the third tab over “Libraries 80.”
- Select the first folder “Webinars.”