The International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI) is currently accepting applications for the 2014 Distinguished Dissertation Awards. This initiative funded by the Research Committee aims at honoring excellence in student research. Three tiers of reward accompany the awards ($1500 for first place, $1000 for second, and $500 for third). Only doctoral dissertation research defended between May 31, 2010 and December 31, 2013 are eligible. Dissertations must be defended and approved by the student’s committee prior to applying for the award and may be applied for by students of any accredited university throughout the world. Studies not conducted as part of dissertation research, as well as recipients of ISPI’s Distinguished Dissertation Award from previous years, are not eligible. Applicants from prior years who did not receive the award may reapply as long as they meet all other requirements. Half of recipients’ monetary reward will be paid upon announcement of award winners with the remaining funds to be paid upon submission of a manuscript for consideration in Performance Improvement Quarterly(which must be received no later than August 30, 2014). Award recipients are also encouraged to consider submitting a proposal to present at the 2015 annual conference.
To apply for the award, please submit the following:
- Completed application form; please click here to download the form.
- A double spaced two-page (maximum) cover letter describing a) your research, b) its alignment with one or more of Human Performance Technology Standards (HPT) (available athttp://www.ispi.org/content.aspx?id=418), and c) the utility of the study for both HPT scholars and practitioners.
- A 350-word (maximum) abstract describing your study’s background, purpose, research questions or objectives, importance, instrumentation, methods, findings and conclusions. Please do not submit a references list or bibliography, though any citations should be included within the text.
- An emailed letter of recommendation from your faculty advisor addressing your study’s rationale (why your topic merited investigation) and value (the applied and theoretical benefits of the study). Please ensure contact information is available.
- Your current curriculum vitae and contact information.
Application Deadline: January 6, 2014
Please submit completed applications to Scott Casad, LCDR, CPT, Chair of the ISPI Research Committee, via email to email@example.com with the subject “ISPI Dissertation Award.”