By Scott Weersing and Gary DePaul
As professionals, we frequently search for ways to improve our knowledge, skills, and networks. One cost-effective way is by participating in virtual and local chapter events. Instead of paying thousands of dollars for workshops, chapters offer cost-effective events from an hour to an all-day workshop that give you access to experts. You can find chapter programming listed in Collaborations.
Hampton Roads, a Virginia-based chapter, exemplifies strong programming–giving members and guests immediate access to experts for a minimal guest fee of $5 and free for their chapter members.
Scott Weersing is the director of programs and shares with us upcoming events.
The Hampton Roads ISPI Chapter continues to grow its membership and community outreach to achieve the ISPI mission through the Society’s Guiding Principles. This year, we implemented a redesigned website, www.hrispi.org.
We updated the website to include:
- A calendar of upcoming sessions
- A blog to recap previous sessions
- Past program materials
- Resources for people to learn about human performance technology (HPT) and ISPI
We are looking forward to the following presenters in 2013 and 2014:
Performance Partnering–Proactive and Reactive Performance Consulting
November 14, 2013
Best Practices in Organizational Decision Making
December 12, 2013
Stakeholder Management Is CRAP: How to Handle Conflict
January 23, 2014 Program
6:45 – 7:00 p.m.: Light refreshments
7:00 – 8:30 p.m.: Program
You can find the locations on the website.
Hampton Roads Board of Directors
- Kelly Cross, President
- Mark Bowers, President-Elect
- Chris Lewis, Treasurer/Secretary
Chapter membership fee is $25 per year; $15 per year for students.
To develop and promote the awareness and application of human performance technology in the Hampton Roads area.
- To provide a forum for the advancement of human performance technology among our members and those they wish to serve through mentoring, networking, education, and the development of a community of practice.
- To promote and enhance corporate and public perception of the value of performance improvement technology and performance improvement technologists.
- To promote our objectives through meetings, speaking engagements, and workshops for the business community at large, and through any public relations opportunities that become available.