The Kirkpatrick Model comprises the foremost evaluation methodology in the world. In these courses you will learn directly from the Kirkpatricks the true and correct model and how to apply it to maximize the business results from your training initiatives. Of urgent importance to ISPI members is the emphasis of aligning and leveraging performance (Level 3) and mission accomplishment (Level 4). Click here for more information.
During the certificate program you will:
- Learn the New World Kirkpatrick Model
- Receive a participant manual filled with examples and templates that you may borrow and adapt to build your own tools
- Gain a complete understanding of what each level measures
- Explore the reasons why evaluation is critical to training success
- Hear case studies and success stories from companies that have used the model effectively
- Learn not only how to evaluate, but why and to what degree
- Explore how to ensure that what is learned transfers to on-the-job behaviors
- Learn why training alone is not enough
- Receive pre-work and follow-up modules to help you to apply your learning after class
In the certification program, you will do all of the things above, PLUS:
- Learn the Kirkpatrick Decision-Making Model for maximizing training and evaluation resources and results
- Critique a real case study
- Create your own evaluation plan for a program of your choice and receive personalized feedback Certification also includes:
- Access to a certified-only web page with additional resources
- Ability to contact the Kirkpatricks for informal consulting for one year
- A copy of the book Kirkpatrick Then and Now
Who Should Attend
Both programs assume no prior knowledge, although experienced WLP professionals are also welcome. Even those who think they are experts in evaluation say that these courses teach them new ideas. The certification is recommended for managers and supervisors of training functions, performance consultants, evaluation specialists, and those with responsibility for ensuring that training delivers business results. The certificate is designed for training professionals who work in training functions such as designing, facilitating, and instructing, as well as students pursuing training-related degrees.
Earn Certification Points
These programs meet the requirements for CPT points to re-certify as a Certified Performance Technologist (CPT). The Certification program is worth 12 CPT points and Certificate program is worth 6 CPT points. For more information on the CPT program, visit www.certifiedpt.org/
These programs are facilitated by Jim Kirkpatrick and/or Wendy Kirkpatrick, the creators of the programs. They are authors of Kirkpatrick Then and Now and Training on Trial. They carry on the work of Don Kirkpatrick, the creator of the Kirkpatrick Model.
Live Online (Three certificate or five certification sessions – $595/$1395).
- Online August Dates – August 2, 9, 16, 23, & 30
- Online November Dates – November 4, 11, 18, Dec 2 & 9
Live In-Person (One-day certificate or two-day certification – $595/$1595).
- San Diego, CA – August 1-2
- Atlanta, GA – September 12-13
- Arlington, TX – September 28-29
- McLean, VA (Washington, DC metro) – October 25-26 and December 6-7
For more information and registration information visit http://www.ispi.org/content.aspx?id=1534